As much fun as it is to have a little girl and dress her up in dresses and bows, I often find myself shopping the boy's section. There are some really great pieces there to balance all of the pink and frills in the girl's section, and some of my favorite outfits of Guinevere's are built around boy clothes!
The Chambray Shirt.
Chambray shirt: Old Navy (similar from Gap) | Sweater dress: Gap (similar) | Jeggings: Old Navy | Boots: Zulily (similar from Amazon)
I got this little chambray shirt in the boy's section at Old Navy, and it is still one of my favorite pieces. I love it with red skinny jeans, with little tutu skirts, and open over a sweater and jeans. My obsession with chambray shirts clearly has carried over to my kid.
The Kitschy Sweater.
Every blogger worth her salt has been sucked in by printed sweaters this year - stripes, polka dots, words, and characters - especially animals. Old Navy had a fox sweater that I adored, but couldn't find anywhere, so when I saw this fox sweater in Guinevere's size at Target, I decided I could simply live through her. The best part? When she points at herself and announces "fox!" Yes, you are, darling.
Sports Team Apparel.
Tracksuit: Goodwill | Jersey: Toys 'R Us | Red Boat Shoes: Target
I have this thing against pink NFL jerseys. I can't explain it, they just irritate me - the whole point is to rock your team's colors! So when I want to deck my kid out in Burgundy and Gold for Redskins games, I go to the boy's section.
Won't you please join us?
- Trendy Tot Tuesday is a chance to talk about kid's style, and pretty much anything goes. Pictures of your cutie, talking about their style (that you buy and dress them in, ahem!), a Polyvore board, linking to the new kid's line at the Gap - anything! All ages welcome, from you sweet pregnant mamas stocking up a closet to the teenagers that probably pick all their own stuff out now ;)
- This is a hop-style link up - please follow your hosts (myself, Lindsay and Megan), and jump around to meet other bloggers! We hope everyone gains some new followers from this link up and finds some fabulous new blogs!
- Please link back to (at least!) one of us, and feel free to steal our badge if you'd like. If you're a tweeter, use #trendytot
- The link up is open until Friday - so if you're finding this late, please still play along! But it will always go live at 12:01am on Tuesdays.
- Interested in guest hosting? Starting next week, we'll have one guest host each week joining us - so you would have the link-up code on your blog, and linkers would be asked to follow you as well. Please let me know if you think you'd like to be a guest host!
- This week, we'll use Rafflecopter to randomly select one blogger that links up for a $25 Target gift certificate - our way of saying "thank you" for joining us on this new adventure!